Hordak – ‘Under the sign of the wilderness’ (2012)
Release: 19 September 2011
Label: Griffin Music
A nice quiet and comforting intro is the lead-in for the new Hordak album. “Under the sign of the wilderness” is the third full-length album of these guys from Spain. And the second track suits the title very well. It really hits you! The tracks on this album are fast, loud, but nevertheless also melodic. Nice pagan metal with pieces of black in it.
The voice of vocalist Autumn War is sometimes somewhat limited, but it fits very well in the music, making this complete.
The new album glows with power and energy and Hordak is never dull, something which is noticed in a lot of other pagan metal bands.
And there’s of course the beautiful art-work of Kris Verwimp. He delivered a beautiful piece of work again.
I’ll expect this album will be liked by a broad metal audience. The people, who like folk, will appreciate the pagan piece of Hordak. Others shall like the melodic part or otherwise the speed and power. Listen!
- Intro 02:42
- 722 07:11
- Spreading the Firewings 05:54
- Under the Sign of the Wilderness 07:46
- Μονολίθος (Monolith) 04:22
- Towards the Cold Eternity 05:22
- The Song of the Distant Waves 05:58
- The Rising of the Warhammers 05:47
- We are the new Power to Rise 07:05
- Lugar Entre Montañas 04:06